AFT Vice President
Ann Twomey is the past President of Health Professionals and Allied Employees, AFT, AFL/CIO (HPAE).
HPAE represents more than 13,000 nurses and health professionals in New Jersey and Philadelphia. As a Registered Nurse, Ann was a founding member and organizer of the union and became its first President.
In 1979, HPAE affiliated with AFT and became and remains the AFT State Federation for Healthcare in New Jersey.
- Vice President of AFT (1996-)
- Vice Chair of Nurses and Health Professionals AFT Program and Policy Council
- Co-Chair of AFT National Organizing Committee along with VP David Hecker from Michigan Federation of teachers
- Co-Chair of HPAE Council of Retirees Advisory Committee
- Trustee – American Labor Museum
Past Positions (recent)
- Vice President of NJ AFL-CIO
- Advisory Board Member – Rutgers University School of Management and Labor
- Advisory Board Member - Felician University Nursing Program